This master's degree no longer admitting students.
The aim of this master’s degree is to train researchers who will work internationally and be able to integrate themselves in any research and development centre—public or private, national or international—in the fields of computer architecture, high-performance computers, operating systems, computer networks and distributed systems.
|Duration||Two academic years|
|Languages of instruction||English|
Department of Computer Architecture (DAC)
Barcelona School of Informatics (FIB)
This master’s degree is aimed at:
Teaching will take place in classrooms on the North Campus of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (Barcelona). If any complementary subjects are studied, in agreement with another Master’s Degree and always of an optional nature, these will take place in the classrooms where the host Master’s course is taught.
On finishing the master's degree, graduates will be able to:
- Formulate, design and develop technological products in the fields of computer architecture, operating systems and computer networks.
- Analyse and evaluate models, algorithms, systems and protocols in the fields of computer architecture, operating systems and computer networks.
- Carry out research and propose new models, algorithms, systems and protocols in the fields of computer architecture, operating systems and computer networks.
- Propose, manage and direct research projects.
- Analyse, audit and evaluate technological proposals from companies.
- Prepare state-of-the-art reports on research topics.
- Consider new research topics.
- Perform research using a scientific methodology.
- Adapt known research techniques, algorithms and methods to emerging technologies.
- Create and introduce innovations in research techniques, algorithms and methods for emerging technologies.
- Understand and write research papers.
- Review and evaluate research papers.
Graduates of this master’s degree will be experts in different aspects of research in the fields of computer architecture, operating systems and networks, who are qualified to work in:
- Any business in the sector, particularly companies with R&D centres incorporated and/or companies that want to incorporate emerging technologies.
- Public and private research centres.
- Departments and centres with a doctoral programme and that enable doctoral theses to be produced.
Webpage updated by the Communications and Promotion Service and the Teaching Area.