Job vacancy: CA Technologies is looking for a Senior Research Engineer
CA Technologies takes part in a European IT research project called MODAClouds. The project will last till the end of March 2015 and its goal is to work on a MOdel-Driven Approach for design and execution of applications on multiple Clouds.
The main goal of MODAClouds is to provide methods, a decision support system, an open source IDE and run-time environment for the high-level design, early prototyping, semi-automatic code generation, and automatic deployment of applications on multi-Clouds with guaranteed QoS.
The Senior Research Engineer will be a part of the MODAClouds CA project team.
Sr Research Engineers should support Research Staff Members (RSM) in order to ‘connect the dots’ among research in emerging technologies, customer needs, and strategic business products and services. Also, they should support RSMs in innovation processes and how they relate to Intellectual Property, and work with the legal team to protect CA’s interests in collaborative projects with non-CA participants.
The Sr Research Engineer will gain experience in team building and leadership, developing professional relationships, mentoring, networking within the academic and research communities, as well as internally in CA.
- Develop technical relationships with faculty, to facilitate their (and their students) participation in research projects.
- Be an active researcher/developer in one or more research projects lead by RSMs.
- Work with the team(s) to create, develop and validate new ideas.
- Keep RSMs who are responsible for a research project informed about relevant developments, both internal and external.
- Support the collaboration between the project team and the appropriate CA organization(s), ensuring their interest and commitment to the project by seeking the right balance between research and development goals, in collaboration with the RSM responsible for the project.
- Report on project progress and help in the organization of periodic updates with stakeholders, in order to help effectively bridging between Research and Development.
- Author/co-author project proposals, reports, journal and conference publications under the supervision of RSMs.
- Identify Intellectual Property for possible protection.
- Be a mentor to students.
- Represent CA on government/university advisory councils, technical review committees, conference organizing and program committees, professional associations, and other relevant bodies.
- Design and code moderately complex prototypes/units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget, to show innovative concepts related to the research projects.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Assist development teams to create evolved prototypes or new products.
- Put forward accurate time estimates of work to be done on a project.
Desired skills and knowledge:
- PhD or global equivalent in Computer Science.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment. Position requires an extremely self motivated individual able to perform innovative research on highly technical issues. Experience in topics of relevance to CA businesses a plus.
- Understand the academic research community and its culture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of trade tools and utilities (disassemblers, debuggers, compilers).
- Working knowledge of Windows/Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Research experience with some of the following is preferred: cloud computing monitoring and quality assurance, risk analysis in complex environments, decisions support systems, federated clouds and multicloud environments.
- Proficient coding skills.
About this company:
CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual – recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it – then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly.