Hyds, located at Parc UPC, takes part in WatERP , FP7
Hyds, a company located at Parc UPC offering innovative solutions in hydrometeorology, takes part in WatERP, a project funded by the 7th Framework Programme of the European Union.
WatERP is a project funded by the 7th Framework Programme of the European Union involving 9 partners from Spain, Germany, Greece and the United Kingdom that will develop a web-based platform supported by real-time knowledge on water supply and demand.
Water supply involves many actors. While many management tools exist, they cannot intercommunicate and no framework is available for integrating all of them, preventing integrated water resources management (IWRM) to be fully achieved. WatERP will develop a web-based Open Management Platform (OMP), integrating intelligent systems through open interfaces and combining agent and SOA architectures with the purpose of enable water supply distribution chains to be managed in a unified and customized way.
The objective is provide to the users (water utilities and authorities) inferred information regarding water supplies, flows, water consumption patterns, water losses, distribution efficiency, and water supply and demand forecasts, within a web-based unified framework to improve management of the water supply distribution chain. This management enhancement will result in:
- Water savings up to 8% in water-scarce areas where water distribution is already efficient, but where it is possible to achieve savings through improved coordination among operators in the upper part of the distribution chain.
- Energy savings up to 5% in areas where water is abundant and water distribution is already efficient but where energy savings could help reduce costs.
- Additional water, energy and costs savings from increased user awareness and behavioral change.
- Title: Water Enhanced Resource Planning “Where water supply meets demand”
- Period: from 10/2012 to 09/2015 (3 years)
- Website: www.waterp-fp7.eu
- Fundació Privada Barcelona Digital Centre Tecnològic (coordinator, SPAN)
- INCLAM, S.A. (SPAIN)
- Disy Informationssysteme GMBH (GERMANY)
- Agència Catalana de l’Aigua (SPAIN)
- Staffordshire University (UNITED KINGDOM)
- Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (GREECE)
- Hydrometeorological Innovative Solutions, S.L. (SPAIN)
- Deutscher Verein des Gas-und Wasserfaches – Tecnisch-Wissenschaftlicher Verein E.V. (GERMANY)
- Stadtwerke Karlsruhe GMBH (GERMANY)