The Barcelona School of Nautical Studies (FNB) was founded in 1769 and is the oldest nautical school in Spain. It offers an appealing array of courses and an ideal environment for learning. The following facilities will be at your disposal to help you gain the necessary training:
- Ten classrooms that operate morning and afternoon shifts, equipped with projectors and PA systems
- A planetarium
- Simulators: a machine room, navigation, radar and ARPA, manoeuvring, radio communications (GMDSS) and liquid loads
- Two computer rooms
- A chemical engineering and materials science and technology laboratory
- A non-destructive test laboratory
- An electronic engineering laboratory
- An electrical engineering laboratory
- A mechanical technology workshop
- Sailboats and motorboats for practical lessons
- A dynamic positioning simulator (approved and certified by the Nautical Institute)
The quality of our teaching is reflected in the ISO 9001:2000 quality standard awarded to the School. The School helps you with international mobility through exchange agreements with universities and schools offering nautical study programmes, including the Universitá degli Studi di Genova (Italy), Maritime University of Szczecin (Poland), Vestfold University College (Norway), Haugesund University College (Norway) and Antwerp Maritime Academy (Belgium). Exchange programmes are also arranged with nautical schools in Spain (A Coruña, Gijón, Santander, Bilbao, Cádiz and Tenerife).
Students pursuing one of the two bachelor’s degrees offered can do a specialisation to obtain an additional diploma in Business Organisation (19,5 optional subject credits). This is intended to foster students' entrepreneurial spirit and will improve their employment options by providing them with a more competitive profile. Following completion of your degree, you have access to a wide variety of continuing education activities, including specialisation courses, maritime protection courses and various postgraduate courses.
In addition to the social and cultural activities available at any higher education institution, at the FNB you can participate in a variety of cultural and sports activities: sports competitions, regattas, cultural week, etc.
Webpage updated by the Communications Service.