The bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering covers the technological fundamentals of the generation and distribution of electrical energy and the control and protection of electrical systems. You will acquire the skills needed to supervise and manage engineering projects related to electrical systems, high-, medium- and low-power installations, machine and industrial production line automation, and the generation and distribution of electrical energy. You will also become familiar with emerging fields such as electric traction and the development of renewable energies.
- 4 years
- Study load
- 240 ECTS credits (including the bachelor's thesis). One credit is equivalent to a study load of 25-30 hours.
- Fees and grants
- Approximate fees per academic year: €2,551 (€3,826 for non-EU residents). Consult the public fees system based on income (grants and payment options).
- Official degree
- Recorded in the Ministry of Education's degree register
- Registration and enrolment
- What are the requirements to enrol in a bachelor's degree course?
- Legalisation of foreign documents
- All documents issued in non-EU countries must be legalised and bear the corresponding apostille.
- Professional opportunities
- Supervision and management of engineering projects related to the design, analysis, construction, verification and maintenance of systems and equipment for generating, transporting and distributing electrical energy.
- Analysis, design, testing and control of domestic and industrial electrical installations.
- Management of electrical power systems, installations and drives.
- Design, installation and maintenance of electromechanics, automation and industrial production lines.
- Energy and environmental management.
- Energy generation in wind and photovoltaic power systems.
- Drafting of technical, advisory and feasibility reports.
- Management, organisation, planning and quality control.
- Teaching and research.
- Academic calendar
- General academic calendar for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees courses
- Academic regulations
- Academic regulations for bachelor’s degree courses at the UPC
- Language certification and credit recognition
- Queries about language courses and certification
- Additive Manufacturing 1 3
- Additive Manufacturing 2 3
- Advanced Computer-Aided Design 6
- Advanced Control 6
- Advanced Statistics and Applications in Engineering 6
- Analysis of Electrical Power Systems 6
- Applied Photonics 6
- Artificial Intelligence for Engineering 6
- Climate Change: Science, Energy, Economics, Politics and the Future 3
- Communication in Technical English 9
- Computational Engineering 6
- Design and Implementation of Electronics Prototypes 6
- Design Validation 6
- Electrical Machines Design 6
- Facilities Projects 6
- Fire Engineering 6
- Geometry for Design 6
- Green Functions and Linear Differential Equations: Diffusive Problems, Static Inverters 6
- Implementation of Automatic Control System 6
- Industrial Automation and Communications 6
- Industrial Equipments and Installations 6
- Innovation Management 6
- Integration of Automatic Systems 6
- Leadership and Management 6
- Management Skills 6
- Mobile Devices Programming 6
- Numerical Simulation Applied to Engineering 6
- Physical Chemistry 6
- Production Organisation 6
- Programming for Engineers 6
- Project Engineering & Management 6
- Resources Recovery and Circular Economy 6
- Smart Grids 6
- Technology and Sciences in Ancient Times: Egypt and Mesopotamia 6
- Telecommunications and Internet 6
- Transport Phenomena 6
- Wind Energy Generation 6
Webpage updated by the Communications Service and the Teaching Area.