The bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering covers the technological fundamentals of the generation and distribution of electrical energy and the control and protection of electrical systems. You will acquire the skills needed to supervise and manage engineering projects related to electrical systems, high-, medium- and low-power installations, machine and industrial production line automation, and the generation and distribution of electrical energy. You will also become familiar with emerging fields such as electric traction and the development of renewable energies.
- 4 years
- Study load
- 240 ECTS credits (including the bachelor's thesis). One credit is equivalent to a study load of 25-30 hours.
- Language of instruction
Check the language of instruction for each subject (and timetable) in the course guide in the curriculum.
Information on language use in the classroom and students’ language rights.
- Fees and grants
- Approximate fees per academic year: €1,107 (€2,253 for non-EU residents). Consult the public fees system based on income (grants and payment options).
- Terrassa School of Industrial, Aerospace and Audiovisual Engineering (ESEIAAT)
- Official degree
- Recorded in the Ministry of Education's degree register
- Registration and enrolment
- What are the requirements to enrol in a bachelor's degree course?
- Legalisation of foreign documents
- All documents issued in non-EU countries must be legalised and bear the corresponding apostille.
Double-degree agreementsDouble-degree pathways at a single school
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Bachelor's degree in Industrial Electronics and Automatic Control Engineering
- Professional opportunities
- Supervision and management of engineering projects related to the design, analysis, construction, verification and maintenance of systems and equipment for generating, transporting and distributing electrical energy.
- Analysis, design, testing and control of domestic and industrial electrical installations.
- Management of electrical power systems, installations and drives.
- Design, installation and maintenance of electromechanics, automation and industrial production lines.
- Energy and environmental management.
- Energy generation in wind and photovoltaic power systems.
- Drafting of technical, advisory and feasibility reports.
- Management, organisation, planning and quality control.
- Teaching and research.
Organisation: academic calendar and regulations
- Academic calendar
- General academic calendar for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees courses
- Academic regulations
- Academic regulations for bachelor’s degree courses at the UPC
- Language certification and credit recognition
- Queries about language courses and certification
- Advanced Programming Oriented Towards Goals 3
- Applied Uav Control 3
- Autonomous Vehicle Programming 3
- Big Data and Smart Grids 6
- Big Data Tools and Applications 3
- Calculus and Design of High Voltage Power Lines 6
- Characterization Techniques for Metallic Alloys 3
- Creative Lab 6
- Creative Programming with Processing 3
- Critical Thinking for 3D Printing 6
- Decision Criteria - Engineer as Employee or Engineer as Entrepreneur 3
- Efficiency and Quality in Electrical Systems 6
- Electrical Machines II 6
- Electromobility and Electrical Aircraft Systems 3
- Embedded Systems Programming 3
- Energy Efficiency Systems 3
- Energy Storage and Conversion Application 3
- Experimental Design 3
- Fundamentals of Robotics 3
- High Voltage Electrical Installations 6
- Highly Automated Production Systems 3
- Hospital Engineering 6
- Information and Communication Technology 3
- Introduction to Big Data 3
- Introduction to Dynamical Systems and Ergodic Theory 3
- Introduction to Forensic Expert for Technique Dispute Resolution 3
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming 3
- Introduction to Reverse Engineering 3
- Leadership and Professional Development in Engineering 3
- Low Tension Industrial Installations 6
- Mathematical Models in Engineering 3
- Mathematics and Computing Engineering 3
- Mobile Programming 6
- Motorbikes Design and Secrets 3
- Professional Communication for Engineers Through Virtual Reality 3
- Real-Time Programming and Database Systems 3
- Robotics and Automation 3
- Safety Robotics and Automation for Industry 4.0 3
- Supervision of Electrical Systems 6
- Surface Chemistry for Industrial Applications Design 3
- Technology, Society and Globalization: the Sustainability Challenge in the XXIth Century 6
- Uav Generative Design 6
- Validating and Communicating Innovative Ideas 6
- Vibroacoustics 3
- Web Applications 3
- Written Academic Skills for Engineering 3
- Advanced Programming 6
- Calculation and Construction of Electrical Machines 6
- Control Technology for Electromechanical Systems 6
- Energy and Climate Change 6
- Grid Integration of Renewable Energy Systems 6
- Initiation to Paper and Graphic Industrial Tecnologies 6
- Internship 12
- Machine Control and Operation 6
- Modelisation, Complexity and Sustainability 6
- Programming of Mobiles Android 6
- Project Oriented Methodology 6
Webpage updated by the Communications Service and the Teaching Area.