Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Systems provides the cross-disciplinary training needed to conceive, design, implement and operate telecommunications systems based on generating, transmitting, receiving and processing electrical, acoustic and optical signals across the frequency spectrum, and the processing of associated information. You will learn the fundamentals and applications that will qualify you to design, implement and operate any telecommunications product, infrastructure or service based on radio systems – whether fixed or mobile, terrestrial or satellite – or on optical communications.
- 4 years
- Study load
- 240 ECTS credits (including the bachelor's thesis). One credit is equivalent to a study load of 25-30 hours.
- Language of instruction
Check the language of instruction for each subject (and timetable) in the course guide in the curriculum.
Information on language use in the classroom and students’ language rights.
- Fees and grants
- Approximate fees per academic year: €1,107 (€2,253 for non-EU residents). Consult the public fees system based on income (grants and payment options).
- Castelldefels School of Telecommunications and Aerospace Engineering (EETAC)
- Official degree
- Recorded in the Ministry of Education's degree register
- Registration and enrolment
- What are the requirements to enrol in a bachelor's degree course?
- Legalisation of foreign documents
- All documents issued in non-EU countries must be legalised and bear the corresponding apostille.
Double-degree agreementsDouble-degree pathways at a single school
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Systems Engineering / Bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering
- Professional opportunities
- Design and development of telecommunications, telematic, audiovisual and electronic systems.
- Design and implementation of ICT systems and applications.
- Administration and operation of telecommunications and hardware.
- Programming and development of telecommunications applications.
- Project supervision and management in ICT companies.
- Freelance work: consultancy and advisory services.
- Calculations, valuations, appraisals, assessments, studies and reports in the field of telecommunications.
- Project supervision and management in technology companies and centres.
- Product research, design and innovation.
Organisation: academic calendar and regulations
- Academic calendar
- General academic calendar for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees courses
- Academic regulations
- Academic regulations for bachelor’s degree courses at the UPC
- Language certification and credit recognition
- Queries about language courses and certification
- Applied Engineering Projects 6
- Drones Design Projects 6
- Engineering Projects 6
- Instrumentation and Electronic Systems in Smarts Cities 6
- Introduction to Technology Asset Management 3
- Optical Fiber Sensors: Technologies and Applications 3
- Quantum Information Technology 6
- Radiolocation 6
- Service and Application Design 10
- Smart Cities: Cybersecurity and Big Data 6
- Smart Cities: Internet of Things and Augmented Reality 6
- Social Impact 6
- Space Systems 6
- Systems and Technologies for Communications in Smart Cities 6
- Technical and Corporate Communication 6
- Telecommunications Policy and Regulation 6
- Work Placement 12
- Bachelor's Thesis 24
Webpage updated by the Communications Service and the Teaching Area.