On the bachelor's degree in Industrial Design and Product Development you will train to be a qualified professional who will carry out industrial design activities and create new products, concepts and services that add value to the production process. You will acquire the necessary experience in design to plan and develop the entire lifecycle of a product, as well as key competencies in establishing and developing operational, functional, technical, constructive, aesthetic and communicative aspects of production and commercialisation. You will learn to generate virtual and physical models and prototypes, use manual and computer tools for calculation and artistic and industrial expression, process graphic information, and analyse and assess the social and environmental impact of technical solutions.
- 4 years
- Study load
- 240 ECTS credits (including the bachelor's thesis). One credit is equivalent to a study load of 25-30 hours.
- Language of instruction
Check the language of instruction for each subject (and timetable) in the course guide in the curriculum.
Information on language use in the classroom and students’ language rights.
- Fees and grants
- Approximate fees per academic year: €1,107 (€2,253 for non-EU residents). Consult the public fees system based on income (grants and payment options).
- Terrassa School of Industrial, Aerospace and Audiovisual Engineering (ESEIAAT)
- Official degree
- Recorded in the Ministry of Education's degree register
- Registration and enrolment
- What are the requirements to enrol in a bachelor's degree course?
- Legalisation of foreign documents
- All documents issued in non-EU countries must be legalised and bear the corresponding apostille.
Double-degree agreementsDouble-degree pathways at a single school
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design and Product Development Engineering / Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design and Product Development Engineering / Bachelor's degree in Textile Technology and Design Engineering
- Professional opportunities
- Analysis and diagnosis of products and processes in companies in any industrial sector; technical, design, research and project departments; and new product development departments.
- Market analysis and identifying opportunities for new products; diagnosis in business innovation and strategy.
- Composition and formal analysis; modelling, simulation and development of models and prototypes.
- Ergonomics and aesthetics of industrial products and processes.
- Consultancy and advice.
- Freelance work: provision of consultancy and advisory services in design companies.
- Public administration.
- Teaching and research.
Organisation: academic calendar and regulations
- Academic calendar
- General academic calendar for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees courses
- Academic regulations
- Academic regulations for bachelor’s degree courses at the UPC
- Language certification and credit recognition
- Queries about language courses and certification
- Advanced Programming Oriented Towards Goals 3
- Autonomous Vehicle Programming 3
- Big Data Tools and Applications 3
- Characterization Techniques for Metallic Alloys 3
- Creative Lab 6
- Creative Programming with Processing 3
- Critical Thinking for 3D Printing 6
- Decision Criteria - Engineer as Employee or Engineer as Entrepreneur 3
- Ecodesign 6
- Economic Factors and Marketing 6
- Electromobility and Electrical Aircraft Systems 3
- Energy Efficiency Systems 3
- Energy Storage and Conversion Application 3
- Experimental Design 3
- Experimental Design Workshop Product 6
- Finite Elements in Structural Analysis 3
- Fundamentals of Robotics 3
- Highly Automated Production Systems 3
- Hospital Engineering 6
- Information and Communication Technology 3
- Introduction to Big Data 3
- Introduction to Dynamical Systems and Ergodic Theory 3
- Introduction to Forensic Expert for Technique Dispute Resolution 3
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming 3
- Introduction to Reverse Engineering 3
- Leadership and Professional Development in Engineering 3
- Lightweight Materials for Engineering Applications 3
- Manufacturing Processes 6
- Mathematical Models in Engineering 3
- Mathematics and Computing Engineering 3
- Mobile Programming 6
- Motorbikes Design and Secrets 3
- Product Design II 6
- Product Presentation 6
- Professional Communication for Engineers Through Virtual Reality 3
- Real-Time Programming and Database Systems 3
- Robotics and Automation 3
- Safety Robotics and Automation for Industry 4.0 3
- Smart Materials and User Experience 3
- Surface Chemistry for Industrial Applications Design 3
- Technology, Society and Globalization: the Sustainability Challenge in the XXIth Century 6
- Uav Generative Design 6
- Validating and Communicating Innovative Ideas 6
- Vibroacoustics 3
- Web Applications 3
- Written Academic Skills for Engineering 3
- Advanced Programming 6
- Applied Robotics 6
- Initiation to Paper and Graphic Industrial Tecnologies 6
- Integral Design Management 6
- Internship 12
- Material Selection in Industrial Design 6
- Modelisation, Complexity and Sustainability 6
- Practical Design of Goods and Equipment 6
- Programming of Mobiles Android 6
- Project Oriented Methodology 6
- Textiles for Product Design 6
- Workshop in Plastic Objects Design 6
Webpage updated by the Communications Service and the Teaching Area.