Skip to content

How we can help

  • Information on scholarship and public and private grant programs that foreign researchers can take advantage of.
  • General advice on the process of settling in the city.
  • Advice and support for EU citizens in applying for a Foreigner Identification Number (NIE).
  • Advice and procedural support in obtaining visas for researchers and for their family members, where necessary.
  • Liaison with consulates and other institutions.
  • Reception and welcome to UPC-BARCELONATECH.
  • Support in obtaining a social security number.
  • Support in obtaining a residence permit.
  • Information and advice on accommodation, medical insurance, schooling for children, registering place of residence, etc.
  • Advice on tax obligations.
  • Advice on renewing work and residence permits.
  • Support with formal procedures inside and outside the university.
  • Help with linguistic and cultural integration.