Document Actions

About your legal status in Spain

Share Share

Upon arriving at UPC, please go to the International Mobility Office that is nearest to your school: OIRI if you are going to study at the Terrassa Campus and OMIB for all the other campuses.

There you will be informed of the procedures you need to follow to legally stay in Spain. You will also be given application forms and further information on the process. The Mobility Offices can initiate some of the procedures on your behalf and you can therefore avoid some queueing at the Subdelegación del Gobierno in Barcelona.

If you are a citizen of the European Union and are going to remain in Spain for more than three months, you must ask to be registered at the EU Citizens' Register.

If you are a student from a country not belonging to the European Union and you are going to remain in Spain for more than three months, you must bear in mind that you must extend the validity of your visa by asking for a student card that substitutes your student visa. You will have to renew it every year, before it expires.

N.B. As a non-EU student, you are not allowed to work in or travel to another country without the corresponding permits. For your safety, ask for information at OMI or OIRI.


last modified : February 2015
This website uses cookies to offer you the best experience and service. If you continue browsing, it is understood that you accept our cookies policy.
RSS RSS  Accessibility  Disclaimer   Internationals Relations and Enterprise Bureau
© UPC (open in new window) . Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech