On the bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering you will train to be a multidisciplinary professional who can analyse, design, test and operate equipment and processes in which there are changes in the state, internal energy or composition of matter. You will acquire the knowledge and skills needed to design and control chemical plant production and to supervise quality control and environmental management projects. You will understand experimental, testing and process characterisation methods and monitoring, control and product optimisation systems and technologies.
- 4 years
- Study load
- 240 ECTS credits (including the bachelor's thesis). One credit is equivalent to a study load of 25-30 hours.
- Language of instruction
Check the language of instruction for each subject (and timetable) in the course guide in the curriculum.
Information on language use in the classroom and students’ language rights.
- Fees and grants
- Approximate fees per academic year: €1,107 (€2,253 for non-EU residents). Consult the public fees system based on income (grants and payment options).
- Barcelona East School of Engineering (EEBE)
- Official degree
- Recorded in the Ministry of Education's degree register
- Registration and enrolment
- What are the requirements to enrol in a bachelor's degree course?
- Legalisation of foreign documents
- All documents issued in non-EU countries must be legalised and bear the corresponding apostille.
- Professional opportunities
- Design, operation, management, commercial organisation and installation and equipment supervision in chemical, pharmaceutical, agrifood, biotechnology, energy, petrochemical and service industries.
- Design and control of production and quality in chemical plants.
- Energy auditing and environmental management.
- Chemical analysis, testing and process and product characterisation in laboratories.
- Development of research, development and innovation projects.
- Drafting of technical, advisory and feasibility reports.
- Public administration.
- Teaching and research.
Organisation: academic calendar and regulations
- Academic calendar
- General academic calendar for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees courses
- Academic regulations
- Academic regulations for bachelor’s degree courses at the UPC
- Language certification and credit recognition
- Queries about language courses and certification
- Additive Manufacturing 1 3
- Additive Manufacturing 2 3
- Advanced Chemical Thecnologies 6
- Advanced Computer-Aided Design 6
- Advanced Simulation of Materials for Engineering and Bioengineering 6
- Advanced Statistics and Applications in Engineering 6
- Artificial Intelligence for Engineering 6
- Chemical Process Engineering 6
- Climate Change: Science, Energy, Economics, Politics and the Future 3
- Communication in Technical English 9
- Computational Engineering 6
- Computational Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer 6
- Data Engineering and a Business Analytics 6
- Design and Implementation of Electronics Prototypes 6
- Design Validation 6
- Engineering Surfaces 6
- Experimentation in Chemical Engineering II 6
- Facilities Projects 6
- Fire Engineering 6
- Fundamentals of Functional Materials 6
- Geometry for Design 6
- Green Functions and Linear Differential Equations: Diffusive Problems, Static Inverters 6
- Implementation of Automatic Control System 6
- Industrial Equipments and Installations 6
- Innovation Management 6
- Leadership and Management 6
- Management Skills 6
- Mobile Devices Programming 6
- Numerical Simulation Applied to Engineering 6
- Planning and Scehduling of Chemical Processes 6
- Production Organisation 6
- Programming for Engineers 6
- Project Development I 6
- Project Development II 6
- Project Engineering & Management 6
- Resources Recovery and Circular Economy 6
- Technology and Sciences in Ancient Times: Egypt and Mesopotamia 6
- Telecommunications and Internet 6
Webpage updated by the Communications Service and the Teaching Area.