The bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, covers the technological fundamentals of the generation and distribution of electrical energy and the control and protection of electrical systems. You will acquire the skills needed to supervise and manage engineering projects related to electrical systems, high-, medium- and low-power installations, machine and industrial production line automation, and the generation and distribution of electrical energy. You will also become familiar with emerging fields such as electric traction and the development of renewable energies.
- 4 years
- Study load
- 240 ECTS credits (including the bachelor's thesis). One credit is equivalent to a study load of 25-30 hours.
- Fees and grants
- Approximate fees per academic year: €2,551 (€3,826 for non-EU residents). Consult the public fees system based on income (grants and payment options).
- Official degree
- Recorded in the Ministry of Education's degree register
- Registration and enrolment
- What are the requirements to enrol in a bachelor's degree course?
- Legalisation of foreign documents
- All documents issued in non-EU countries must be legalised and bear the corresponding apostille.
- Professional opportunities
- Supervision and management of engineering projects related to the design, analysis, construction, verification and maintenance of systems and equipment for generating, transporting and distributing electrical energy.
- Analysis, design, testing and control of domestic and industrial electrical installations.
- Management of electrical power systems, installations and drives.
- Design, installation and maintenance of electromechanics, automation and industrial production lines.
- Energy and environmental management.
- Energy generation in wind and photovoltaic power systems.
- Drafting of technical, advisory and feasibility reports.
- Management, organisation, planning and quality control.
- Teaching and research.
- Academic calendar
- General academic calendar for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees courses
- Academic regulations
- Academic regulations for bachelor’s degree courses at the UPC
- Language certification and credit recognition
- Queries about language courses and certification
- Actuators and Sensors for Mechatronics 6
- Advanced Circuit Analysis. Signals and Systems 6
- Advanced Computer-Aided Design 6
- Advanced Control 6
- Advanced Methods of Electrical Energy Conversion 6
- Advanced Statistics and Applications in Engineering 6
- Analysis of Electrical Power Systems 6
- Applied Photonics 6
- Artificial Intelligence for Engineering 6
- Automatic Systems in Integrated Manufacturing 6
- Climate Change: Science, Energy, Economics, Politics and the Future 3
- Commercial Engineering 6
- Communication in Technical English 9
- Computational Engineering 6
- Condition Monitoring in Power Grids and Power Quality 6
- Control of Electrical Machines 6
- Data Processing in Engineering 6
- Design and Implementation of Electronics Prototypes 6
- Design Validation 6
- Design, Creativity & Innovation 6
- Distributed Supply Systems 6
- Dynamic Systems and Simulations 6
- Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics 6
- Electric Mobility 6
- Electrical Machines Design 6
- Electrical System Simulation 6
- Electromagnetic Foundations of Electrical Engineering: Finite Elements Applications 6
- Electronics System Technology for Control 6
- Expertise Valuations and Authorizations 6
- Facilities Projects 6
- Fire Engineering 6
- Games and Decisions 6
- Green Functions and Linear Differential Equations: Diffusive Problems, Static Inverters 6
- Implementation of Automatic Control System 6
- Industrial Automation and Communications 6
- Industrial Electronics for Energy Static Converters 6
- Industrial Electronics Laboratory 6
- Industrial Equipments and Installations 6
- Industrial Measurement Systems 6
- Innovation Management 6
- Integration of Automatic Systems 6
- Leadership and Management 6
- Management Skills 6
- Mechatronics 6
- Microcontrollers in Process Automation 6
- Mobile Devices Programming 6
- Modelling and Simulation of Dynamical Systems 6
- Numerical Simulation Applied to Engineering 6
- Numerical Simulation Applied to Engineering 3
- Physical Chemistry 6
- Planning, Programming and Control Project 6
- Plastic Materials Technology 6
- Power Electronics Applications 6
- Prevention of Occupational Hazards 6
- Production Organisation 6
- Programmable Devices for Control and Automation 6
- Programming for Engineers 6
- Project Engineering & Management 6
- Renewable Energy and Energy Planning 6
- Renewable Integration in Electrical Grids 6
- Resources Recovery and Circular Economy 6
- Simulation and Control of Power Electronics Systems 6
- Smart Grids 6
- Sustainable Electric Energy Systems 6
- Technical English for Engineers 6
- Technology and Sciences in Ancient Times: Egypt and Mesopotamia 6
- Telecommunications and Internet 6
- Transport Phenomena 6
- Value-Added Productivity with a PC 6
- Wind Energy Generation 6
- Work Placement Cfgs 1 3
- Work Placement Cfgs 2 6
- Work Placement Cfgs 3 9
- Work Placement Cfgs 4 12
Webpage updated by the Communications Service and the Teaching Area.