The bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, provides a solid grounding in the design, development and use of machinery; mechanical processes and systems; criteria for the selection of materials; and the structural design of production systems and processes. You will acquire the knowledge needed to analyse, calculate, design and test machines, industrial installations, hydraulic and thermal engines, industrial structures and constructions, and production systems. You will also receive multidisciplinary training in fluid mechanics, thermal technology, electricity, automation, the design and construction of industrial HVAC systems, and graphic engineering techniques.
- 4 years
- Study load
- 240 ECTS credits (including the bachelor's thesis). One credit is equivalent to a study load of 25-30 hours.
- Language of instruction
Check the language of instruction for each subject (and timetable) in the course guide in the curriculum.
Information on language use in the classroom and students’ language rights.
- Fees and grants
- Approximate fees per academic year: €1,107 (€2,253 for non-EU residents). Consult the public fees system based on income (grants and payment options).
- Manresa School of Engineering (EPSEM)
- Official degree
- Recorded in the Ministry of Education's degree register
- Registration and enrolment
- What are the requirements to enrol in a bachelor's degree course?
- Legalisation of foreign documents
- All documents issued in non-EU countries must be legalised and bear the corresponding apostille.
- Professional opportunities
- Planning, management, execution and assessment of engineering projects related to mechanical engineering.
- Management, design, assembly and maintenance of industrial and production systems and installations in the fields of mechanical, electromechanical and thermal engineering and fluid mechanics.
- Calculation and design of hydraulic and thermal engines.
- Projects in the industrial HVAC sector and the processing and transport of fluids.
- Design, management and maintenance of equipment and industrial installations, structures and constructions.
- Drafting of technical, advisory and feasibility reports.
Organisation: academic calendar and regulations
- Academic calendar
- General academic calendar for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees courses
- Academic regulations
- Academic regulations for bachelor’s degree courses at the UPC
- Language certification and credit recognition
- Queries about language courses and certification
- Advanced Graphic Representation for Design 6
- Advanced Programming 6
- Business English 6
- CAD/CAE Technologies 6
- Computer-Aided Design 6
- Computer-Aided Manufacturing 6
- Construction Material Factories 6
- Construction Materials 6
- Data Management and Storage 6
- Decision Optimisation and Theory 6
- Design and Calculation of Structures 6
- Design Methodology 6
- Drillings Applied to Engeneering 6
- Dynamic Systems 6
- Energy Resources 6
- Fuels and Thermal Processes 6
- Geotechnical Engineering 6
- Graphical User Interfaces 6
- Industrial Construction and Architecture 6
- Industrial Cutting Processes 6
- Industrial Installations 6
- Industrial Joining Processes 6
- Innovation, People Management and Business Start-Up 6
- Maintenance Management 6
- Material Selection 6
- Mathematical Tools for Structural Design 6
- Metallic Materials 6
- Modelling and Simulation of Dynamical Systems 6
- Nuclear Technology 6
- Polymers, Ceramics and Composites 6
- Prevention of Occupational Risks 6
- Project Methodology, Management and Orientation 6
- Quality Management and Integrated Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems 6
- Structural Modelling, Analysis and Design 6
- Topography 6
- Urbanism and Urban Services 6
- Bachelor's Thesis 24
Webpage updated by the Communications Service and the Teaching Area.