Skip to content

Do you come to study in UPC in September? Read this important information

Teaching activity, vaccination, welcoming activities "Orientation Week" and other informations

If you are an international student and you are coming to study at the UPC in September, please read in this news some important information of interest to you.

Teaching activity (Presential or online?)

During the fall semester 2021-2022 (September 2021 to January 2022) a very high percentage of presential activity is expected (activities on site, on campus and not online). Nevertheless, due to the situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is not yet possible to specify which will be the situation and percentage of presential teaching activities. We hope to give you more detailed information (here in this news) in the coming days.

In any case, despite the general indications that we can give here, you should check with your UPC school / faculty which limitations could affect/be applied to the specific subjects that you are going to make during your stay.


If you come to Spain without any vaccination

All residents in Catalonia have the right to be vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of whether or not they have the CatSalut card.
(Explanatory note: The CatSalut card is the health card that gives access to the public health system. It is obtained if you have worked and paid contributions in Spain or if your parents have worked and paid contributions and give you coverage. With private insurance you will be covered for your possible health incidents, but you do not have that CatSalut card)

However, to prove your resident status after arriving in Barcelona / Catalonia, you must first:

1- Get a definitive accommodation for a period of no less than 6 months

2- Carry out the registration process (registration in the census of the city where you live). See more information here.

Depending on the moment, the appointment for this procedure takes up to 2 months, so do not expect to be vaccinated as soon as you arrive in Barcelona. You will have to wait a few weeks until you are registered.

Then, please contact the nearest CAP and request an appointment. See more information here.


If you come to Spain having received a first dose of your vaccine, but you did not arrive in time to get the second dose in your country

Important: Request in your country, before coming to Spain, the corresponding vaccination certificate, which indicates that you have received a first vaccination, on what date, and of what brand. This information is very important.

In this case, DO NOT WAIT to complete the registration process. (See explanation in the previous section.) Search for accommodation and urgently set your final address (not hotel, hostel, hostel, Airbnb ...), for a period of no less than 6 months.

Check here:|en)

which is the CAP closest to your address and contact it quickly. Inform that you have received a first dose and that, although you are going to make your empadronamiento (census register) in the following weeks, you need to take the second dose as soon as possible.

"Orientation Week" welcoming activities

International students who are going to come to the UPC (be it exchange -for example, Erasmus +, SICUE, CINDA, Magalhaes, UNITECH, etc.- or for their complete studies - students called "regular", Bachelor, Master or Doctorate -) can participate in the welcome activities "Orientation Week".

Due to the health situation due to a pandemic, the activities will take place online, in different sessions that will take place from July 15 to mid-September.

Information is available on this website from July 12th.

Note: International exchange and regular Master students do not need to make any specific registration. They will receive an e-mail with the information.

More information

If you are a student who is going to come to the UPC in September and you want more information (to prepare your stay, about legal procedures, etc.), please visit the specific section of our website, accessing through this link.


The UPC is a very decentralized university. All academic subjects are managed in each school / faculty. For your academic inquiries, please contact your coordination.

For any other general questions, don't hesitate to contact us!