Before Coming


  • If you have a nationality from the European Union (or Switzerland), you can come to Spain just with your ID card or passport. After your arrival, you will have to make some compulsory legal procedures for your stay. See here or ask in our OMI office. (This information is also provided in the welcoming session of the Orientation Weeks; do not worry.)

  • If you have a nationality of another country (non-EU), you have to apply for the corresponding student visa to come to Spain. See more information here.
    After your arrival, we can assess you on to obtain your student card, which will act as your visa when your visa expires(six-month visas cannot be renewed).
    Please go to the "OMI" Students Reception Office  of UPC-BARCELONATECH to get all the information about this procedure.

    This link (to be updated) will take you to the application form and instructions you need. Nevertheless, we strongly recommend you come to the Reception Office, where we can explain it all to you in detail and help you further.