The bachelor’s degree in Mathematics is a rigorous course that will provide you with comprehensive training in the core disciplines of mathematics and their applications. If your goal is to do research, you will be well equipped to join leading groups conducting research in mathematics, engineering and technology, natural and health sciences, or the social sciences. You will be able to pursue a career in business or industry, or in banking and finance, consulting, health or services – all sectors in which mathematicians are increasingly valued for their training and ability to learn. If you are interested in teaching, after completing a master’s level teacher-training course, you will be able to teach mathematics at secondary schools.
- 4 years
- Study load
- 240 ECTS credits (including the bachelor's thesis). One credit is equivalent to a study load of 25-30 hours.
- Language of instruction
Check the language of instruction for each subject (and timetable) in the course guide in the curriculum.
Information on language use in the classroom and students’ language rights.
- Fees and grants
- Approximate fees per academic year: €1,107 (€2,253 for non-EU residents). Consult the public fees system based on income (grants and payment options).
- School of Mathematics and Statistics (FME)
- Official degree
- Recorded in the Ministry of Education's degree register
- Registration and enrolment
- What are the requirements to enrol in a bachelor's degree course?
- Legalisation of foreign documents
- All documents issued in non-EU countries must be legalised and bear the corresponding apostille.
Double-degree agreementsWith universities around the world
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics + Master's degree in Advanced Mathematics and Mathematical Engineering and Ingénieur INP from the École Nationale Supérieure d'Informatique et de Mathématiques Appliquées de Grenoble (ENSIMAG)
You can also take an interdisciplinary double degree coordinated by the CFIS at two UPC schools.
Further information on the CFIS website
- Professional opportunities
- Strategic consulting, technology consulting, management of projects and educational programmes.
- Business, industry and services: data analysis, programming and software engineering, market research, planning and management, cryptography and security.
- Research in mathematics: teaching and research at universities and research centres.
- Research in other sciences and in engineering and technology: research centres and laboratories in the public and private sector: computing, communications, robotics, mechanics, biology and medicine.
- Banking, finance, insurance: risk analysis and control, portfolio and fund management, investment management, design and evaluation of financial products, cryptography and security.
- Teaching positions with public and private secondary schools, publishers, and companies in the education sector.
Organisation: academic calendar and regulations
- Academic calendar
- General academic calendar for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees courses
- Academic regulations
- Academic regulations for bachelor’s degree courses at the UPC
- Language certification and credit recognition
- Queries about language courses and certification
- Abstract Algebra 3
- Algorithmics and Compelxity 6
- Bayesian Methods 6
- Combinatorics and Graph Theory 6
- Cryptology 6
- Data Engineering and Blockchain 3
- Data Science Applied to Finance 3
- Differentiable Manifolds 6
- Dynamical Systems 6
- Ethics in Science and Engineering 6
- Experimental Design 6
- Files and Databases 6
- Galois Theory 6
- Generalised Linear Models 6
- Industrial Statistics 6
- Linear Models 6
- Mathematical Models in Technology 9
- Mathematics for Secondary Education 6
- Numerical Methods for Differential Equations 6
- Statistical Methods for Data Mining 6
- Statistical Methods for Finance and Insurance 6
- Time Series Analysis 6
- Algebraic Geometry 6
- Algebraic Topology 6
- Bachelor's Thesis 15
- Computational Modelling 6
- Control Theory 6
- Demography 6
- Econometrics 6
- Engineering Optimisation 6
- Financial Mathematics 6
- Financial Optimisation 6
- Functional Analysis 6
- History of Mathematics 6
- Multivariate Analysis 6
- Non-Parametric and Resampling Methods 6
- Nonlinear Time Series Analysis 6
- Quantum Computing 6
- Queueing Theory and Simulation 6
- Statistics for Biosciences 6
- Survival Analysis 6
Webpage updated by the Communications Service and the Teaching Area.