Skip to content

You are here: Home / Mobility Office / Student mobility / Incomings / Legal issues / At your arrival / Relatives of students

First card for relatives of non-EU students

The relatives (with non-EU nationality) of non-EU students must arrive in Spain with a Spanish visa of relative of a student.

The procedure of obtaining the first "TIE" card for the relatives of a student has two parts:

- The first one consists on recording the data of the relative/s of the student;
- The second part is the application of the "TIE" card for the relative/s of a student.


  • Detailed information about the whole procedure:

- General information about the whole procedure (for both parts, the first and the second)

  • How to do the first part of the procedure:

- You must send a message to the Spanish authorities asking for a NIE number for every one of your relatives. In the following link you will find explained how to ask for it.

  • Documents needed for the second part of the procedure:

- How to obtain an appointment
- Application EX-17
- How to fill in the application EX-17
- Map of the place to perform the second part of the procedure (only for appointments in the city of Barcelona)