Skip to content

Baby newborn


    • When your baby is born in Spain, you have to register him/her in the "registro civil".

    • Apart from this, you have to ask for the "libro de familia" (a little booklet that indicates all the members of the family, including your newborn child).

    • And, as a national of your country, you have to register the baby also in your Embassy and ask for a passport for him/her.

    • And finally, in addition to all this, you have to apply for the first TIE card for your baby. (It will be a TIE card, with the lovely picture of your baby.) This procedure is explained in this link.